Monday, November 12, 2007

Jackson is growing up and I can't stop it!!!!


Jackson is growing up way too fast for me. He is such a boy always with some kind of football, basketball or soccerball in his hands. He went to his first cub scout den meeting today and was so excited. But worst of all, I was doing my hair the other night to go on a date with my husband and Jackson comes in and says "Mom, I have a girlfriend." Just like that as nonchalant as can be. I said "Oh really, who?" and he says, "Well, she's not really my girlfriend. I just have a crush on her." I say, "OK, who?" He says, "Kiyla Mattice the girl that sits across from me in class. She's just really cute mom. But, you can't tell anyone, Mom." I say, "Well, you have to go tell your dad and you know this has to go on my blog, Jackson." "No, MOM!" "Oh yes, Jackson. Oh yes!"

I was so not prepared for this conversation. He has shown no interest in girls up until now and I thought we were safe for awhile. Am I really old enough for this to be happening in my life? When did that happen?

1 comment:

Sonda Bryce said...

What a cute boy! I have an 8 year old little girl that would think so too! It does happen way too fast! Enjoy those conversations... they get even better :)