Wednesday, June 25, 2008

OK - Time for an Update - Warning long post for journaling

I've been feeling bad that I haven't updated my blog in forever but I just don't feel like there's enough time ever. It takes too long to upload the photos from the camera, then decide which ones to use, then try to put them in the right order and thennnn think of something clever to say about each one. So I just keep putting it off and in the meantime my camera keeps filling up.

My foot is great. It was the weirdest thing. It hurt for about 3 days and then it was like nothing had ever happened. I only wore the boot for one day and never used the crutches. CRAZY! No explanation for it. So thanks to all who showed concern.

These days I am busy cleaning out my old scrapbook room and trying to get it ready for Gracie. Yes, we finally decided on a name. She will be Gracie Michelle. We're all very happy with it and it just finally feels like we picked the right name. She is growing by leaps and bounds and I'm freaking out that I only have 8 weeks left!

My scrapbox came and we got that all put together and can I just say how great it is again. Everyone who knows me knows I have wayyyy too much scrapbook stuff and it used to take up half the office. It now only takes up about half the scrapbox. The other half is able to house my sewing, painting, school crafts and any other crafty items I happen to have. It's amazing to me that I was able to fit almost an entire room into one nice little armoire. I love it.

I also got a new desk and Jen was kind enough to help me sand it down and paint it black to match the rest of my living room furniture. I've now got the computer and my office moved into the overflow of my living room where the piano used to be. And today I finally finished pulling out all of the left over odds and ends out of that room.

Now I just have to clean it and the carpets, drywall up two of the windows, paint the cabinets and baseboards white and put in the new blinds. Then I've got to move my boys in there while it's empty and finish their room then move them back and finally put Gracie's room together. And in order to put Gracie's room together I have to paint my changing table white, paint the armoire for her room white and the rocking chair. All while working in the park 3 days a week.

So... is anyone feeling sorry for me yet? I'm feeling sorry for myself. I can't believe time has gone so quickly. The hardest part has been that I've had to take things so easy because I've been having so many contractions and when I overdo it then I have to go lay down. One doctor isn't sure that's what I'm having. She thinks I may just be having stretching pains but the other two doctors say contractions. So who knows. I just know they hurt and they ruin my momentum.

The other fun thing I'm dealing with these days is insomnia. I don't think I had it with Jackson but I did receive an email from my weekly baby website that said insomnia is pretty common at this stage. This week I've been up 3 times between 2:oo a.m. and 6:00 a.m. This morning I got up about 2:30 a.m. and finished cleaning out the office, then I cleaned the kitchen and both bathrooms. I finished about 5:00 a.m. and was finally able to go to sleep about 6:00 a.m. CRAZY!

So anyway, that's what's going on these days with us. Over the past few weeks we did go up to White River and camp with my family for my Morris Family Reunion. As of the weekend of the reunion my grandparents descendants were at 390 with 19 of us pregnant. Amazing. The kids loved it. Scott also had a birthday and so did Jake who is now 3. Eventually I'll post about those and get some pictures up sometime maybe. Probably in the wee morning hours someday soon.

6 comments:

JR and Steph said...

Gracie Michelle, I love it!! That's the cutest name ever. I can't believe how fast time is going by either. I've only got 11 weeks and I feel like I just got pregnant. I'm so excited though! I'm not sleeping good either. Last night I woke up 4 times and then at 4:30 I got up ate cereal and watched T.V. It's so strange!

Cami said...

LOVE the name! It's perfect. So this insomnia is what I have to look forward to? Great, although, I don't know how it would work for me because I stay up all night most nights anyway, I'm already pretty backwards. I keep hoping that since I'm on an opposite schedule than normal that this baby will sleep through the night instead of being backward. Wishful thinking? Probably! Good luck with everything. This will make you feel better, you'll always have more done and be more ready than I will.

The Meehl Family said...

I too love the name Gracie! I just wanted to say, I just got your baby shower invitation, and they are SO FREAKIN CUTE!!! I love them! I'm assuming that Jenn made them...Jenn they are awesome!

The Meehl Family said...

Okay, so AWESOME job to all those involved in the creating and manufacturing of the shower invitations! Yes, I am still bringing you the carseat, I just haven't been down there since I talked to you. I am coming tomorrow, so I will bring it with me...You too Stephanie! Thank you both for taking them off of my hands, and I still have one more boy carseat if anybody out there needs one, let me know!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm a dork! jhcarditaclan@hotmail.com for future reference.
Ellee got the email to me and I already sent the invite to my blog.

Rachel said...

I'm coming over to see this awesome thing you have. Maybe I need one. Can I be a copy cat????
What invitation?? Am I not invited??