My first born is now in the double digits! I can hardly believe I have a son that old until I find out that people I graduate have kids that are already graduating themselves. CRAZY!!! We didn't do a whole lot because his birthday was on a Sunday and we have our big birthday parties on years 5, 8 & 12. But my sister and her family were here and they helped us sing and blow out the candles and watched him open his presents. He got a few air soft guns and lots of cash. I think he had a good birthday.
Don't mind the ugly cake. It tasted yummy but I only had 2 hours to make his cake and so I didn't have the time to allow it to cool properly before putting it together so the bottom layer started to cave in from the weight of the top layer.
We have begun to butt heads a little and I can see the first inklings of the teenager emerging in him and it scares me to death. He wants to question everything I say or do and I don't do well with that. I hate the thought that one day as a teenager he may not like me or may be embarrassed by me. I dread that day coming but until then I will savor the moments we have together. I love you, Jackson!



No comments:
Post a Comment