Friday, October 14, 2011

House Addition!

This past summer we were blessed with the opportunity to enclose our porch and add on to our house. We were busting at the seams and I was getting really tired of having to do laundry outside. We couldn't even all fit at the kitchen table together. We added a large family room, a dining room, 2 bedrooms and a large pantry. We added around 900 square feet. It is like a different house and we love it so much and feel so blessed to have been able to do it.


View from the kitchen looking into the dining room and family room. The edge of the wall at the right of the picture is where the house ended before.

This is looking into the new family room from the office. Where the arch is used to be the side door to the outside.

This used to be the family room/living room and now it's just a formal living room better known as the home teaching/visiting teaching room.



Looking at the dining room from the new side door. You can see into Gracie's room there in the back.

I think this room speaks for itself. There's only one person this could belong to. ; )

I need to take a better picture of her cute quilt her Nana made her. It has owls all over it. It's beautiful and she loves it.


This is the room that when I open the door to go in I actually hear angels singing hallelujah!


This is Jake and Joey's new room. It is just to the right of Gracie's room. It still needs a little decorating but I love the colors in it and they love the space.


Maddox is now in Jake and Joey's old room which is next to mine and Gracie's old room is now the laundry room which it was always intended for in the first place.

Next project is to redo the kitchen. It's going to take some doing because I plan to repaint all the cabinets black and put up a backsplash and some new countertops. I see lots of sanding and painting in my future.

2 comments:

JR and Steph said...

I LOVE it!! Gracie has the cutest room ever! I bet it feels so good to have more space.

Chris and Suzette said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new space!! Can't wait to come see it all :)