Thursday, November 10, 2011

Losing A Great Lady

In January of this year we lost our sweet G.G. Scott's grandmother, Nancy Philp Allen passed away in her home surrounded by most of her family all around her. She was a wonderful example to us all on how to be a GREAT great-grandma. All the kids adored her. We all adored her. She made Thanksgiving and Christmas so memorable. We love gathering at their house each year.

I had the privilege of being her visiting teaching companion for the past 7 years. It was quite an adjustment when she got too sick to go with me. It was a blessing to be able to go with her and spend that little bit of time with her each month. She taught me how important visiting teaching is and made sure I went when I was supposed to.

We will always miss you, G.G. The holidays will never be the same.



Some of the great grandkids at the viewing



Scott and the other grandsons and sons-in-law were all the pall bearers




The great grandchildren

The grandchildren all but Wayne who was serving his mission and JR

Her children and husband (Grumpy)



No comments: