Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentine's Day

Well, Valentine's Day was very busy getting treats ready for everyone's parties and cousins and friends. I tried a great new recipe I found on the Picky Palate blog for oreo cookie and nutter butter chocolate truffles. They were a big hit with everyone. Besides that it was pretty uneventful. Scott and I did get to sneak away for a nice quiet dinner up on the hill at the Branding Iron.

While we ate I asked him what his most memorable Valentine's Day was? In all honesty I could only remember one and it was last year. We tried to remember others and couldn't. How sad. However, we both decided last years had to be the best. We started the afternoon off by having a little photo shoot of the two of us courtesy of Becky. We got some fun photos out of it.

Then Jackson and I sent Scott away for a bit and set up a card table in the living room with a fancy table cloth and my china and crystal dishes. We grilled steak, had salad and twice baked potatoes from the butcher. For dessert I dipped strawberries in chocolate. The funnest part though was that Jackson dressed up in his shirt and tie and acted as our waiter. He had so much fun bringing in each course and trying to be so professional. It was a blast and probably the only Valentine's I'll remember for a long time. Here are a few pictures from the day.


I did take the best man out there when we got married.
Sorry girls! I love this man!!!

my other valentine/waiter

4 comments:

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

I love this post, great pictures! I love the first black and white and hope that you're feeling good...when do you find out what you're having?

Cami said...

You're right, come to think of it, I can't really think of any valentines days except our first one. Pretty crazy! Love the pictures!

Wendy said...

I loved this story - I had visions of your family Valentine's dinner from last year for mine this year. We just didn't feel like fighting Valentine's Day crowds and sometimes it's just better to stay home. It wasn't really the same as yours but I did set a nice table and fix a fancy dinner and light candles. (But how romantic can you be when you have 3 kids joining you...)

My little bro couldn't have picked a better wife. You have a beautiful family and I love you guys!

Sonda Bryce said...

That pic of you Scotty made me cry. So sweet!