Friday, June 6, 2008

never, Never, NEVER ...

Kick your kids in the butt - even in fun! Yesterday I was playing around with Joey and he started to run from me and me being the big fat pregnant woman I am these days I couldn't catch him so I reached out to kick him. Well, just as I did he stopped so I landed a pretty solid kick right on his rear end. I noticed a little while later that it had broken off one of my toenails. We laughed and went about our day running errands and shopping at Walmart.

When I got home around 2:00 I finally got the kids to lay down for a nap and I had a chance to sit down and eat some lunch and try to organize my scrapbox some more. Every time I would get up I would notice my foot hurting. It kept getting worse and worse until by 4:00 I could hardly put any weight at all on it. So I reluctantly called Scott and we headed up to the ER about 5:00. By this time my foot hurt so bad I couldn't move it a millimeter much less put any pressure on it.

They x-rayed and then the doctor came and looked at it. He decided it looked like I had a fracture along the top of my foot but because there are so many small bones in the foot he wanted to be sure so he sent me back for more x-rays. Well, the conclusion is there is no conclusion. It looked negative this time so he's not sure.

So I don't have my camera right now so no pictures but just picture me - big fat pregnant lady. Now picture those big, huge, giant, black space boots. Now picture one of those on my right leg for 10 days. If it's not's any better in 10 days I'm supposed to go back for more x-rays and a cast. I'm also supposed to be on crutches but the boot seems to be giving me enough support that I'm not using them.

So - that's my adventure for the day. In the meantime there was some good news. My 3 hour glucose test came back OK so no gestational diabetes for me. I can still have my daily serving of sugar! So I guess life will go on.

8 comments:

JR and Steph said...

YIKES! I'm not even fast enough to catch Laela with my foot right now. I'm glad your test came back good! I wa supposed to go do that one last week, I really need to go do it. Let me know if you need anything while you are stuck in space boots.

The Meehl Family said...

Too funny! Sorry you're in pain though! I'm shocked they took x-rays with you pregnant! I hurt my foot with my last pregnancy and they wouldn't do one. Hopefully you won't have to resort to the crutches!

Shelley & Scott said...

to clarify on the x-ray they said because I'm in my third trimester and it was only my foot that the x-ray wasn't very much of a danger. they laid two big lead aprons on me from my calf to my neck and they said it would be virtually impossible for it to harm the baby at this point. plus they used a lower dose of radiation. maybe that's why the x-ray was unclear.

Cami said...

Sorry, but that's too funny!! Like you need something else to worry about right now! Im glad your sugar is ok, No one should have to stop sugar while pregnant, it should be against the law or something. Well, take care, hope that foot feels better soon.

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

I did not realize how painful a broken toe can be. Last night I went in to check C.J.'s bedroom after he had 'cleaned' it. I opened the closet door and out fell his playstation 2. It landed smack dab on my middle toe and now it's black and blue and it hurts sooooo bad! Well Rick and I just miscarried a week ago today. I was three months along and had just let the word out. It's been very very emotional but I know that the Lord has a plan so I'll just go with it.

Rachel said...

Hey - check out my blog for an update on the Howard family reunion. Even if you can't go I need you opinion.

The Godoy's said...

ok I am sorry Shelley..but all the while reading this..I was just laughing!!! I am so sorry tho! That makes me cringe! Toes are one of the worste things you can injure! Anywho..I hope it heals quickly!!!Happy Healing!! -Launi
oh..I am so happy no ges. diabetes!! The doctors thought I had it but I didn't! I too was happy!

Anonymous said...

OUCH! I hope your foot feels better quick! How are you YW Leader??? I found you on Ellee's blog! shoot me an email and I'll send you an invite to my blog!
~Haley (Dixon) Cardita