Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Just Might Be Converted

So I've been thinking a lot lately about digital scrapbooking. With my new mac it would be easier than ever. I've just had a hard time reconciling the fact that I have a huge Scrapbox full of product. Well, I saw a friends layouts that she just whipped out in an afternoon and loved them so this weekend I watched a few tutorials on Photoshop Elements on Youtube and then decided to download PS E for the 30 day free trial.

Well, I just have to say that after watching only 2 or 3 how to videos and a few hours the following are my results and I'm quite pleased. It was very quick and I like the look farely well. I know there's so much I still need to learn so my pages can only get better but that's how it is with regular scrapbooking as well. I don't think I'm ready to give up regular scrapbooking completely but I think I will definitely begin to supplement.








2 comments:

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

Although I've always been a little leary of the scrapbooker club, mainly because I don't want to learn the secret handshakes or have to meet in the middle of the night to secretly exchange ideas, I LOVE the digital scrapbooking idea. You've done a fantastic job and it all looks amazing. I'm gonna at least open my mind to the thought of at least thinking about it. Oh, and I am going to email you the milk magic tricks.

Chris and Suzette said...

I sooo can't believe you haven't started this earlier! I converted a year and a half ago and I LOVE IT! Other than the program, you will find SOOOO much free stuff out there that you will never have to pay for anything again . . . of course there are millions of digital items you can buy :) There is nothing to carry around (a laptop) and nothing to clean up. If you find an error, you just open the file, fix it, and reprint! I would suggest that you buy an external hard-drive to keep it all on so that you don't slow down your main computer. As for the mountains of stuff you have already, you can scan it and turn it into "digital" and use it over and over. Wait till you discover templates. . . . AWESOME! They are pre-formed pages that you personalize completely.

Ok, so basically, don't get me started, I could go on forever on how FABULOUS (and cheap) this is! No more duplicating for hours for each kid, just trade the picture and hit print again (perfect for twins)! Anyway, let me know if you need help or great resource websites :) Oh, and did I mention you don't have to print and store thousands of pictures!

Tip #1 - Make sure you got organized form the beginning. Set up a file system on you computer for PAPER, EMBELLISHMENTS, TEMPLATES, PLOPPERS (pre-made pages) ALPHABETS, CARDS, etc and then make sub folders for each category. Trust me on this. You'll be so glad you did so you don't have to sort and re-organize later.