Sunday, August 9, 2009

Not a Baby Anymore



So my baby grew up this week and became a toddler. I cried when I realized she was no longer a baby. She's been taking steps for about a month but last Sunday she just started walking more than crawling. Each day she was walking more and more and by today, a week later, she's walking everywhere. She walked all the way to Nana's house yesterday. She's so proud of herself.

She's also started climbing up and down off and on furniture. Up until this week you had to make sure you were right there in case she fell off but this week it clicked and she figured out how to get up and down. Her favorite thing is crawling up and down onto Jackson's old rocking chair. She'll sit here and rock her baby and her stuffed animals. She likes to give them loves.
She's so independent and doesn't want you to help her with anything. She's one stubborn girl. I don't know where she get's that from. ; ) We'll celebrate her first birthday next week and I think she's ready!






1 comment:

The Prock Clan said...

OMG! Shelly, she is gorgous! I can't believe she is almost a year. The time goes by so fast. I still can't believe Mia-Kate is 6 months old. I guess we just have to enjoy every minute we can and hope it will slow down a little.