Monday, January 25, 2010

Remember this post dated 12/31/07?

Yes you are seeing correctly if you're seeing plus signs. It took me 3 tests to accept that it was really true. I was a little stressed and overwhelmed for the first day but we are now very excited to announce that I'm going to have another baby. It just better be a girl. I think I'm due for one. I'm only about 6 weeks and should be due around Aug. 21st. I'll have a better due date after I've seen the doctor in a few weeks. I'm feeling the first effects of morning sickness or should I say all day sickness. It's not too bad but it does wipe me out some days. All in all we feel very blessed and very lucky. From one to four kids in a year... who knew?


Well, it might as well be an exact repeat because we've received another surprise! The only thing I'd say differently this time around is the last sentence oh, and the due date will probably be mid September instead of August. Now it will be 5! I'm astounded at that number sometimes so I try not to dwell on it. For the longest time I didn't think I would ever have more than one child.

The Lord has always been in charge of when we have our children in this family so I haven't felt it was my place to use any kind of birth control even though Scott and I both thought we needed to be done. I just figured the Lord knew my heart and he'd make me infertile again. Well, he must know something I don't because here I am again, almost 37 and pregnant. It's such a miracle that I can't help but be excited about it. There's just so much stress that will come along with it.

We DO NOT have room for another baby in this house. Somehow we made room for Gracie but that was pushing it. I also stress because of my age. They say so many health or developmental problems could increase after you're 35. Would I be able to handle a child with special needs while still parenting four others? Can I really go through another summer huge and fat again? I'm already losing my waist and am probably only 7 weeks. I know it comes on faster with each child and the closer together they are but 7 weeks is a little ridiculous.

There are also so many positive things to look forward to though. For the most part, I love being pregnant. I love giving birth and I love having an infant. (It's this toddler stage that's killing me). I'm also excited for Gracie to have a playmate. She'll have just turned 2 when this baby is born and will be such a good little mother. Jake will have just started kindergarten so all my boys will be in school and I will get to be home with the two babies. Scott is also such a good daddy and loves the little babies. He's so excited. I love that! This will all be a good thing.

4 comments:

Chris and Suzette said...

I had to read it 3 times to make sure the whole things wasn't just a walk down memory lane!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Flint and Jan said...

I am so excited for you! I have always said that Heavenly Father must have a real sence of humor to FINALLY let me get pregnant at 36(1mo before 37) and NOW I'm expecting AGAIN and will have this one at 38. My two little ones will barly be 18 mos apart! He knows something that we dont know! Kids are great!Congratulations!

Terry and Heather said...

Congrats Shelly! That is awesome! And you of all people will do great with being a Mom! And how fun that Gracie will have a little friend to play with.. Hopefully alittle sister. Heavenly Father sure does have a crazy since of surprise and humor. Best of luck.

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

Shelley, I'm soooo happy for you! Rigin was definately my last one, this I know for sure. But let me tell you something I learned, enjoy this pregnancy and DO NOT let them worry you about your age and the likihood (sp?) of a disabled baby because of your age. They did that with me and I was barely 35. Every slightest little thing that they thought was wrong they were advising me to abort. Rigin is perfect in every way. Like you said, The Lord is in charge, noone one else is. And how lucky we are to have husbands that hold the Priesthood.