Tuesday, March 18, 2008

They Caught the Theives!!!! Yeah!

Read post below first. Well, I just got the call that they caught the two guys buried in mud out in one of Steve Daley's cotton fields. They brought in Safford police and apparently they have some kind of flare they can shoot into the air and then they use some kind of binoculars and they can see anything that moves - even a mouse. Well, whatever it is it worked. I'm so relieved. I was conjuring up images of retaliation on our family and horrible scenarios like that so I'm very happy and feel we've done our civic duty tonight by taking some pretty bad guys off the streets. The police said there was enough drug stuff in the car to put them away for a very long time. It's now 1:30 a.m. and I'm starting to get sleepy but Scott is still over at the laundromat waiting for the cops to come dust for prints. Poor guy! His alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m. Hope he gets to bed before then.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Wow that's crazy! You guys had an eventful night! I'm glad the bastards got caught. Stupid people. I'll grill you later.

The Meehl Family said...

Holy Cow!!! Just curious...were they short with red hair and funny green outfits looking for a pot of gold??? Glad things turned out all right.

Tami Ray said...

Scary! I am glad they got caught!

Cami said...

Holy Crap!! And yes, crap is holy sometimes. Did my dad get a lecture from my mom for being so brave/stupid/adrenaline rushed/protective/ all those things? I'm glad they caught the bastards. Hope they get put away for a looooooong time. I bet my dad was glad he followed them, or it would be eating at everyone, and making everyone a nervous wreck. Wow.

Shelley & Scott said...

In answer to your question, Cami, your dad didn't get a lecture as far as I know but I sure gave your mom one. Before the cops even arrived and your dad and scott went over there in their trucks she took a walk over there. She was just strolling down the road in the park when the guys decided to take off and she had to move so as not to be hit by their car. Crazy small town people don't worry about things like drug dealers with guns and stuff like that.

Wendy said...

Whoa...Freaky! You start thinking about all of the whatifs. Like, Whatif Scott would have driven that night. They would have heard him and then who knows what would have happened. I'm glad everything turned out OK. I think it's kinda funny that they got caught after ripping off a measly $50 in quarters. That's what you get for messing with Papa Ron. All right Dad! Take that you stupid criminals!

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

Shelley! I am glad things worked out I'm sure that was soooo scarry! I am so tired of drugs! We had to hire an attorney who only handles drug cases, he's having to hire two more secretary's to help him. It is taking over our country and there's not a whole lot we can do about it. I'm soooo tired of bad guys. We have a 19 yo in custody that was addicted to meth at 8 yo and on the streets at 11 and at 19 he's brutally murdered an 80 yo man. I cried during his trial because I cannot imagine my child being in such a terrible situation. Good thing we've got our religion to pull us through!! I'm happy your husband made it through that ordeal basically unscathed...and you too!

The Prock Clan said...

OMG! I am so glad that everyone is ok and that they caught those two punks! Scott is one brave man!