Thursday, December 4, 2008

Family Home Evening

I have to confess that before we adopted Joey and Jake we were very hit and miss with FHE. It was always just the three of us anyway so we didn't always make time on Mondays. But since we've adopted the boys we've made more of an effort and are having so much fun with FHE now. We've been going strong for a year now and it's fun to have enough family members to rotate jobs and the kids love being in charge of their things.

This was an activity Jackson was in charge of. I had made some playdough that morning so Jackson wanted to use it for our activity. After our lesson I wrote words on pieces of paper and we all took turns drawing a word and then making that word while the others guessed. Jake was so proud of himself but had a very hard time not saying his word out loud each time. He finally got it about the third round because my hand was over his mouth to remind him. :o)


Can you see Joey's & Dad's car? The kids had a hard time guessing this one.

Jake with his sun

Jackson with his camera and of course I'm never in any of the pictures but this is my couch I made.

2 comments:

The Bigler Family said...

Looks like a fun night. I love how Scotty gets into the games, just like a kid.

JR and Steph said...

You guys are good. JR and I really need to work on having FHE. Don't worry about not being at the blessing. I felt so so bad that I missed Gracies but with Mason only being two weeks old at the time I was so afraid to take him to church for that very reason that he might get sick. I know how you feel about having sick kids. It's seems like every time Laela or Mason get over something Jr and I get it and give it right back to them. I hate it.