Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gracie's First Hospital Trip

Right after the pictures below were taken Gracie had a very rough time of it. She's had a cold for about 3 weeks but that night Scott gave her a bath and I think it aggravated her ears. She starting crying at 10:00 and didn't stop until after midnight. If you know my baby you know we can go days without ever hearing her cry so to hear her screaming bloody murder for so long was agonizing. We felt so helpless.

We thought it was just a tummy ache at first but after an hour we started to wonder if it was her ears. Papa came over at 11:00 and helped Scott give her a blessing and right afterwards I touched her ear and she screamed. I called the doctor and asked if I could give her tylenol but he said no, she's too young and I need to take her in.

So I packed up and off Gracie and I went to the ER. It was actually a very easy trip. I think we were the only ones there and they took us right back and attended to us very quickly. We were home in an hour with guess what, tylenol and also some eardrops and a prescription for antibiotics if we felt we needed them. They said she was right on the fence between mild and moderate ear infection. With mild they like to treat the pain and let them fight it themselves. Moderate to Severe they usually do antibiotics.

We've opted not to fill the prescription because she's seemed to do much better since our stay. She's still running a bit of a fever but very low grade and it's not affecting her moods or anything. She's back to her happy self and I think she's so glad to feel better. I know mom and dad are glad and I'm just happy to be getting sleep again. Thanks to Penny for rescueing me and having the boys over for a sleepover so I could get some sleep. She's always there for me in a pinch. Love you Aunt Penny! Jake's ready to come again but I'll try to hold him off for awhile.

1 comment:

JR and Steph said...

O Man! That's scary. Poor Gracie. It's so sad when they are sick. I'm glad she's feeling better.