So I got a pressure cooker for Christmas (and no it wasn't a horrible gift. I asked for it)and I've been canning ever since. My dear friend Christi Larson is my canning guru and is teaching me everything I need to know. So far I've canned about 30 bottles of beans, 10 bottles of chicken, 9 beef and 5 turkey. I figure with just that I could have 2-3 months of dinners and I've only been doing this for about 2 weeks. It feels so good to have food prepared and know that you can feed your family if times get tough. I'm loving it. I've also made 3 batches of Wendy's salsa and put it in the jars to can but haven't done it yet. Everyone's eating it too fast so it might be a waste to can it. I'll have to make some more I guess. Everyone loves it. Thanks for posting your recipe, Wendy!
My next venture will be planting a garden. Cross your fingers for me. I've never done it before. Should be fun.



Aren't they pretty?
4 comments:
Very lovely -- I'm glad y'all are enjoying the salsa. I'm going to make a batch for the Superbowl.
That is an awesome gift!! I really need to get my butt in gear and do canning. You're a great example! You rock.
I got one for Xmas too, I also asked for one. Well, I haven't done anything yet but want to. I found a Sweet Pork recipe on You can can (if you have never been there look on my blog for their link) that I want to do. Have any good tips or recipes for me to do that are good and easy?
WOW you go girl!
Post a Comment