It turned out pretty cute especially since I had Nana embroider some cute bugs and stuff on it. It's ok unless you look at it closely. My squares don't really match up on the back but luckily the raggy edge hides that on the front. I learned a lot from making this one. So I decided I could do better next time and thought I'd make one for my new baby niece, Ava who will be born in Dec.
This one turned out much better and I'm proud to say almost all my squares matched up. I learned that the way you cut your squares is almost the most important thing. I also learned from my mother-in-law to use much smaller stitches. Those two things made the biggest difference in the quilt. I'm pleased with both and now feel much more confident in my sewing abilities.

Gracie's Quilt


Davery with her's. I think she really liked it. These are all the colors of the new babies room. Oh, and I made that matching burp cloth on her leg too. Super easy.



2 comments:
DANG CUTE SHELLEY!
you really should be so proud :)
It is super cute! I love it and I hope to be able to make one soon! I'm taking a class on the 12th at my friends church on how to make a apron...we will see how that turns out!
Post a Comment