Monday, November 2, 2009

Soccer, Soccer & More Soccer

Soccer and I have a love hate relationship. I love it because my kids love it and they get good exercise out of it. But I hate it because it takes over my Saturdays, EVERY SATURDAY, for about 3 months. It has the longest season! We now only have one game left and I'm so excited but my boys have really loved it.

This was Joey & Jake's first year to play and I was pretty sure Joey would be bored and Jake would get right in there and be my "athletic" one. Boy was I wrong. Joey took right to this game and was always right in there pushing his way through to get the ball. He has scored several goals through the season and is probably the best on his team. Maybe a bit too aggressive but still pretty good.

Jake on the other hand loves soccer and loves to run around the field but that's about it. It's a major accomplishment in a game when he actually puts his foot on the ball at all. He runs around with the pack chasing the ball but in the mean time he's looking at us on the sidelines or the sky or wherever else he can look except at the ball. He's so funny. It may be an age thing so we'll see how he does next year. Yep, I said next year because as much as I hate it I have to give my boys the opportunity to develop the talents they love.

Here's Joey
always leading the pack.

Here's Jake. He's not the only one though so maybe it is just an age thing.