Monday, February 20, 2012

Fall was in the air around here... just not Halloween

I love Fall! I love everything about it. The colors, the weather, the decor. The only thing I don't care for is Halloween. However, whether I like it or not, it's a kids holiday and I can't deprive them of the opportunity to dress up and attend the Ward Trunk or Treat. We don't do anything else. My kids have never gone door-to-door. They probably don't know what that is. They get so much at the Ward party I've never felt it necessary to go get more candy for me to throw away.

So this year we got the evening over with as quickly as possible. We went to the ward party, they played a few games, ate some dinner and trunk-or-treated. We then grabbed our brood and headed home as quickly as we came. I hope I'm not scarring my kids but I just have a hard time celebrating this holiday which glorifies everything scary and supernatural. Boooo... I know. Poor sport. At least my kids looked cute and my house did too!




No comments: