Monday, December 17, 2007

Seeing Santa

Well, my boys had their first encounter with the mall Santa in Tucson. He was a great Santa and talked with them for quite awhile. I expected Jake to be scared but instead he kind of just sat there trying to figure out what was going on, or so it appeared from the look on his face. He did manage to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas which is cars and more cars.

Joey was very eager to say he wanted a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It's all he's asked for for a month. It's a good thing Santa found one.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Jackson with the big guy because he was in Mesa with his Nana picking up his cousin Brandon from the airport. Santa was the last thing on his mind. I'm not sure Santa is going to be a part of his life for very much longer. He's 8 now and I was appalled to see a few signs of disbelief this year. It's almost sadder to me than it will be to him.

3 comments:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

So cute. I love the glasses. Little kids with glasses are so stinkin cute. I didn’t do santa this year because I know Merik would freak out and probably kick santa in the face. I dread the day when my kids don’t believe in santa. Even though this year he has no clue who the jolly old guy is. I still dread it. Is your heart breaking?

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

Quick question, where did you get thosehoodies for the boys in the picture? I love the one Jake is wearing.

Shelley & Scott said...

old navy i believe. however, if you get some make sure you buy a bigger size up or maybe 2. jake usually wears a 2T and Joey a 3T (although that's quickly changing) so I bought 3T and 4T and they are still almost too small. i was bummed. they're still cute though.