We had a really fun Saturday this weekend. We went with Norman & Jen Knight and family out to the dunes past Safford. We had 4 quads and my father-in-law's Artic Cat for me to drive. I was a little nervous about riding a quad in my condition. We had enough quads that even Jackson got to ride his own. He thought he'd won the lottery. He's a natural out there on it but he's not to cocky that he doesn't know when he's over his head. I was very proud of him and how he handled himself out there.
Everyone had a good time except for the time when Joey almost ran over himself and Jackson. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. He scared me so bad. We'd stopped for a bit but the cat was still running so the battery wouldn't die. I was standing right next to it talking to Norm and Joey was right next to me. However, I didn't notice when he leaned in and reached over and pushed the pedal to the floor. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't decide if I should try to save Joey from getting his legs smashed by the back wheels or save Jackson who was standing in front of the cat. Luckily Joey realized what he was doing and let go and it stopped just in time. I thought I was going to pass out. I think we all learned a very valuable lesson.
Here are a few pictures from the day.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
looks like tons of fun!! I'm glad noone got hurt. sounds like a close call!
Post a Comment