The second weekend in June since way before I was even born has been designated as the Morris Family Reunion Campout at the Lower Log Camp of Whiteriver up north. My father is the 11th child of 13 and this is just for his siblings and their posterity. When I was young I used to think it was so big and so neat to be there with all my cousins. Nobody ever missed and we would usually camp for a whole week or two. We would play in the river and play volleyball, piggy wants a signal, dance, sing around the campfire, and on the actual reunion day play games, have a big family dinner and a talent show.
Now that I'm older I still think it is big and so neat to be there with all my cousins except it really is big now. With all of my aunts and uncles now being grandparents and even great grandparents we have swelled to about 400 people. Of course, everyone can't always make it but we usually have a good crowd of about 200 on the actual reunion day and this year was no exception.
After missing the reunion for a couple of years I was itching to go back this year but because of the pregnancy and stuff I didn't want to go unless we had a trailer. Norm & Jen were gracious enough to let us use theirs and what a blessing it was not to have to get up and pee outside 4 times a night or use the outhouse! It was a little difficult on me because of the altitude and all the walking but we muddled through and my children had a blast.
I hardly ever saw Jackson because he was always off with his uncles somewhere or playing with some cousin he just met. My little ones loved all the attention they got when meeting all of the old folks and they loved playing in the river. Our trailer was about 10 feet from the water and it was so nice to listen to it while we were falling asleep at night. We enjoyed our trip and were glad we got to go this year.
The water was very cold but that didn't stop the kids from wanting to play in it. They had a blast climbing up and down this old tree that had fallen. 
Scott had the camera at this point but I guess it's a good shot of me at about 7 months. I don't look like this now that's for sure! The little kids did crafts, played games and got to do this treasure hunt where they looked for candy and toys in this big pile of hay. They loved it but it sure was messy and not good for the allergies if you have those.



2 comments:
That looks like it was a lot of fun!! I think that's so cool that your family gets together every year and spend time together.
Wow! That does look like a lot of fun! I can't believe how many people there are! I miss camping up in the White Mtn. area!!! It is so beautiful up there!
Post a Comment