Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sid the Science Kid

Are your kids watching this cartoon? If not they should be. It comes on right before my other favorite Super Why which teaches reading skills. It's on PBS at 9:30. Today on Sid he had an ice pop his mom made him that melted so the whole episode was on how things freeze and melt and they got to put fruit in the water, put a stick in it and make ice pops and then as they ate them and they melted they got to eat the frozen fruit snacks.

I thought this would be fun for my kids so when the show was over we took some grapes and some mandarine oranges and the kids put them in their cups and then instead of water we used pineapple juice. Can you say YUMMY! They were so excited when Joey got home from school and Jake woke from his nap to see if their ice pops were frozen and eat them. They loved them and what a fun healthy snack. A little sticky but that's what the back yard is for.



1 comment:

Rick-n-Christa-n-CJ-n-Rigin said...

What a great Mom you are! I cannot get over how dang cute your daughter is! I know that I've said this before but seriously she is the cutest newborn I have ever seen. I've even told people about her...that's how cute she is. How fun is to have such an awesome eternal family? We are going to start trying again here pretty soon, hopefully it'll work out better then the last time!