We decided spur of the moment to get away for the weekend for our anniversary. We didn't know where we wanted to go and I didn't care as long as it wasn't hot. We found some cabins to rent in Pinetop and decided that was the place to go. We rented a little one bedroom cabin for the weekend at Whispering Pines in Pinetop. It wasn't your 5 star hotel but it was nice and cozy with a fireplace and it was very clean and surrounded by pine trees.
It was really cold when we got to town Friday night so we were able to snuggle up in front of the fireplace. We even decided to run out and get stuff to make smores in the middle of the night. Saturday we didn't have any plans so we took our time and went out for a late breakfast and then walked around a few antique stores around town. I couldn't do much because I was still having some pains and the doctor had told me to take things easy and stay down as much as possible.
After we walked around town we decided to drive to Snowflake to see the temple. It was beautiful and we enjoyed walking around the grounds. I wish we would've planned better and been able to do a session. We then drove around Snowflake to see if any of my relatives were home and we struck out so we tried to find my good friend Christa who lives in Taylor. But honestly, who is home on a Saturday afternoon?! So we headed back to our cabin.
We were able to leave our kids with Nana and the Stephensons and the Greens. They all took turns because let's face it, a day with my kids is enough sometimes. We appreciate their help so much and are grateful they were willing to help. So I guess we'll count this as my babymoon as well as my anniversary celebration. It was lovely!
It was really cold when we got to town Friday night so we were able to snuggle up in front of the fireplace. We even decided to run out and get stuff to make smores in the middle of the night. Saturday we didn't have any plans so we took our time and went out for a late breakfast and then walked around a few antique stores around town. I couldn't do much because I was still having some pains and the doctor had told me to take things easy and stay down as much as possible.
After we walked around town we decided to drive to Snowflake to see the temple. It was beautiful and we enjoyed walking around the grounds. I wish we would've planned better and been able to do a session. We then drove around Snowflake to see if any of my relatives were home and we struck out so we tried to find my good friend Christa who lives in Taylor. But honestly, who is home on a Saturday afternoon?! So we headed back to our cabin.
We were able to leave our kids with Nana and the Stephensons and the Greens. They all took turns because let's face it, a day with my kids is enough sometimes. We appreciate their help so much and are grateful they were willing to help. So I guess we'll count this as my babymoon as well as my anniversary celebration. It was lovely!



2 comments:
I bet that was so nice to get away and spend time together! That sounds like a perfect weekend. I didn't realize our anniversaries were so close. Maybe JR will take me somewhere fun like that for ours.
You guys look great! Don't you love our sweet little Temple? Did you get a chance to attend? I'm still so sorry that I missed you guys. I would have loved to have introduced you to my husband since the last time you came to Taylor you got to meet that other unmedicated bipolar one....the current one is so much better! (in every sense of the word)
Post a Comment