has proven to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I can usually make decisions rather quickly and know just what I want but it hasn't been so with this baby. First there was the dilemma of whether or not to use a J name. After much searching the only J names we liked were Jillian and Jacey. Jacey had been one of my names had Jackson been a girl but it just isn't a favorite anymore. Then we decided to name her Jillian Olivia for a few days. But after trying to think of her as Jillian for about a week I just couldn't do it.
So now back to square one. We've kicked around so many and nothing feels right. All my old favorites don't work. So the new ones we're kicking around now are Delaney and Ivy. We think we like Delaney best and Scott wants to have her middle name as Marie which was my Grandma's name. We've also kicked around Michelle as a middle name since that's my real name. I know we still have a few months but it's nice to have things settled. I'm a planner. I like things all lined out way before they happen. So any suggestions from anyone? Which do you like best?
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I like Delaney better than Ivy. Ivy could grow on me though.
Who knew that naming a girl could be so hard huh?! We had the same problem trying to decide - you'd think after so many boys we'd have a ton of girl names. GOOD LUCK! I'm sure once you see her the choice will be made for you!
Shelley! Dadgum it, I am so sorry to have missed you!! I was in Show Low, you probably passed me to come see me. 928-243-3808 if this ever happens again. How is the baby naming coming?
Both of our boys were named minutes before leaving the hospital ... Campbell was actually a Porter for the morning then Jon decided he just couldn't name him based on a coin flip, so we went with Landon (the other "flip" name) until he talked to some of the nurses who said they loved it and had seen a few other Landon's lately. And thus, he was named Campbell. ha..ha.
Delaney Michelle, Ivy Marie, I like them both. They're cute. Good luck, you know, noone can help you with this, because you're going to have to do it yourself, I know how you feel though!
I never see you! I think of you often. I think you have to pray about it. And sometimes you won't know tell you see her. What about Michelle marie. Then you could call her Shelly marie.
I like Lucky, Rebel, Roxy, Daisy, Lola, Lilly, Layla, Jaycee,
Can you combine Michelle and Marie and make a name. Or what about taking the M off of Marie and making it Jarie. I like it. There - you asked. I told you my 2 cents. What ever you come up with we will love her and it will be perfect for her.
Post a Comment